Social Media Strategist
Happy Medium is a company comprised of creators, innovators, artists, storytellers, makers and leaders. While operating as a full-service marketing firm, it also thrives on development of its own cutting-edge products and technology. We implement the same strategies for our clients that we do for ourselves, proving effective time over time. Happy Medium has had repeat appearances on the Inc. 5000 list, awarded to the fastest growing companies in the United States. It has also been awarded Best Workplace for Young Professionals by the Greater Des Moines Partnership, Business with a Bright Future by the Business Record, Best Social Media Company and many more. Company culture is priority to the agency which is demonstrated in the unique benefits, competitive pay and founding principles: Curiosity, Happiness, Integrity and Teamwork.
Happy Medium is seeking an individual with social media, digital media and marketing experience to join its award-winning social media department as a social media strategist.
The primary responsibility of this position will be to create and develop content strategy for a diverse collection of clients. The social media strategist will need to understand our clients’ businesses, their customers and their goals for both long- and short-term growth. Candidates must also recognize that there is MUCH more to social media than “Likes” and “Followers.” The ideal candidate for this position will know that engagement is the name of the game and will be a team player that is dedicated to constantly learning.
- Background in marketing, advertising or public relations
- Previous experience handling social media for brands or organizations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive projects
- High-energy attitude with willingness to learn
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes
- Strong creative writing capabilities
- Understanding of social media analytics to measure success of campaigns and daily strategy
- DSLR Photography experience
- Proficient in Google Docs
Bachelor’s Degree and previous work experience preferred.
Must be available for some night and weekend work.
Must be available to start as soon as March.
Minimal travel based on client projects.
Please send a cover letter, a resume, work samples and references to Alison Monaghan at [email protected] For more company information please visit: www.itsahappymedium.com and www.facebook.com/itsahappymedium.