Account Director (Des Moines or Chicago)
Happy Medium is a company comprised of creators, innovators, artists, storytellers, makers and leaders. While operating as a full-service marketing agency, it also thrives on development of its own cutting-edge products and technology. Happy Medium is an award-winning company with honors including back-to-back appearances on the Inc. 5000 list, Best Workplace for Young Professionals and Business with a Bright Future. Company culture is priority which is demonstrated in the founding principles (Curiosity, Happiness, Integrity and Teamwork), competitive pay and unique benefits including flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, 100 percent paid parental leave, 401k match, company cell phone, two company retreats a year and free parking in downtown Des Moines.
Happy Medium is seeking an account director to create and sustain client relationships. Although Happy Medium is based in Des Moines, this is a national position with clients around the country. As such, we are open to pursuing applicants from both Des Moines as well as the Chicago area. The Chicago position will be a remote position with occasional travel to the Des Moines office.
As an account director at Happy Medium, you will be responsible for the following:
- Growing community and business relationships
- Being the main point of contact for a list of clients, be accessible to them for all agency needs and resolve day to day issues
- Coordinating client projects internally with various Happy Medium departments
- Generating new business based on a yearly sales goal
- Maintaining a high level of understanding of all services Happy Medium offers
- Attending meetings and write proposals for prospective clients
- Promoting the expansion of business with existing clients
- Ensuring timeline development and execution of plans, campaigns and projects
- Working remotely with Happy Medium team in Des Moines and clients around the country
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years relevant work experience preferred
- Excellent verbal communication and professional writing skills
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Self motivated – able to solve problems and make decisions in a timely manner
- Able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong existing business relationships, community involvement and a desire to regularly attend networking events
- Ability to partner successfully and collaboratively in a highly creative and passionate environment and maintain positive work relationships
Minimal (client location dependent).